Penetration Testing tools help identify security weaknesses in a network, server, or web application. These tools are very useful as they allow you to identify “unknown vulnerabilities” in software and network applications that could cause a security breach. Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing Tools attack your system inside and outside the network as if a hacker would attack. If unauthorized access is possible, the system needs to be fixed.
Netsparker is an easy-to-use web application security scanner that can automatically find SQL Injection, XSS and other vulnerabilities in your web applications and web services. Available as an on-premises and SAAS solution.
- Accurate vulnerability detection with unique Proof-Based Scanning Technology
- Minimum configuration requirement. Browser auto detect URL rewrite rules, custom 404 error pages.
- SDLC (Software development process planned to improve or modify Software Products), bug tracking systems, etc. REST API for seamless integration with
- Fully scalable solution. Scanning 1,000 web apps in just 24 hours
- Scans all types of SQL Injection, XSS and 4500+ additional vulnerabilities.
- Detects vulnerabilities in over 1200 WordPress cores, themes, and plugins.
- It scans hundreds of thousands of pages without interruption with its fast and scalable structure.
- Integrates with popular WAFs and Issue Trackers to assist SDLC.
- Available as On-Premises and Cloud solution.
Intruder is a powerful, automated penetration testing tool that discovers security weaknesses in your IT environment. Offering industry-leading security controls, continuous monitoring, and an easy-to-use platform, Intruder protects businesses of all sizes from hackers.
- Best-in-class threat coverage with over 10,000 security checks
- Checks for configuration vulnerabilities, missing patches, application vulnerabilities (such as SQL injection and cross-site scripting), and more
- Automatic analysis and prioritization of scan results
- Intuitive interface, quick setup and running your first scans
- Proactive security monitoring for the latest vulnerabilities
- AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud connectors
- API integration with your CI/CD pipeline
Indusface WAS offers manual Penetration / Penetration testing and automated scanning to detect and report vulnerabilities against OWASP top 10 and SANS top 25.
- Scanner scans single page applications
- Pause and resume feature
- Manual PT and Auto scanner reports displayed in the same dashboard
- Unlimited proof-of-concept requests provide evidence of reported vulnerabilities and help eliminate false positives from automated scan findings
- Optional WAF integration to provide instant virtual patching with zero False positives
- Automatically expands scanning coverage based on actual traffic data from WAF systems (if WAF is subscribed and used)
- 24/7 support to discuss improvement guidelines / POC
5) Intrusion Detection Software
Intrusion Detection Software is a tool that allows you to detect all types of advanced threats. Provides compliance reporting for DSS (Decision Support System) and HIPAA. This app can continuously monitor suspicious attacks and activities.
- Minimizes efforts to detect intrusion.
- It complies with effective reporting.
- It provides real-time logs.
- It can detect malicious IPs, apps, accounts and more.
6) Traceroute NG
Traceroute NG is an application that allows you to analyze the network path. This software can identify IP addresses, hostnames and packet loss. Provides accurate analysis via command line interface.
- It offers both TCP and ICMP network path analysis.
- This application can generate a txt log file.
- It supports both IP4 and IPV6.
- It detects path changes and gives notification.
- Allows continuous exploration of a network.
ExpressVPN secures internet surfing against scammers. It provides unlimited access to music, social media and video, such that these programs never log IP addresses, browsing history, DNS queries or traffic destination.
- Servers in 160 locations and 94 countries.
- Connect to VPN without any bandwidth limitations.
- It provides online protection using leak prevention and encryption.
- Stay safe by hiding your IP address and encrypting your network data.
- Help is available 24/7 via email and live chat.
- Paying with Bitcoin and using Tor to access hidden sites.
The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) is a worldwide non-profit organization focused on improving software security. The project has multiple tools for testing various software environments and protocols. The flagship vehicles of the project include:
- Zed Attack Proxy (ZAP – an integrated penetration testing tool)
- OWASP Dependency Check (scans for project dependencies and checks for known vulnerabilities)
- OWASP Web Test Environment Project (security tools and documentation collection)
OWASP testing guide gives “best practice” for penetration testing most common web application.
Wireshark is a network analysis pentest tool formerly known as Ethereal. It captures packets in real time and displays them in human-readable format. Basically, your network protocols, decryption, packet information, etc. It is a network packet analyzer that provides the tiniest details about. It is open source and available on Linux, Windows, OS X, Solaris, NetBSD, FreeBSD and many more. other systems. Information received through this tool can be viewed via a GUI or TTY mode TShark Utility.
WireShark features include:
- Live capture and offline analysis
- Rich VoIP analysis
- Gzip-compressed capture files can be opened instantly
- Output can be exported to XML, PostScript, CSV or plain text
- Multi-platform: Runs on Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD and more
- Live data can be streamed from internet, PPP/HDLC, ATM, Blue-tooth, USB, Token Ring etc. Readable.
- Decryption support for many protocols including IPsec, ISAKMP, SSL/TLS, WEP and WPA/WPA2
- Coloring rules can be applied to the package for fast heuristic analysis
- Read/write many different capture file formats
w3af is a web application attack and auditing framework. There are three types of plugins; Discovery, audit, and attack that communicate with each other for vulnerabilities on the site, for example a discovery plugin in w3af searches for different urls to test for vulnerabilities and then forwards them to the audit plugin, which uses those URLs to look for vulnerabilities.
It can also be configured to work as a MITM proxy. The captured request can be sent to the request generator and then manual web application testing can be performed using variable parameters. It also has features to exploit the vulnerabilities it finds.
- Proxy support
- HTTP response cache
- DNS cache
- Multipart file upload
- HTTP basic and digest authentication
- User agent emulation
- Add custom headers to requests